Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Memo for instruction manual

2502 North Country Dr
Harlingen TX, 78550

Janie Santoy
TSTC
1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen TX, 78550

Dear Ms.Santoy,

I am writing you this letter to express my interest on doing my next project on writing instructions. I was hoping to do my project based on the art of mixing. This has been a hobby and fascination of mine for sometime and thought that this would be a great instructions manual.
There are many people who love music and love to mix it. The problem is is that many aspiring dj's do not know the proper technique to seamlessly blend one record into another. One must have a great ear for a music and impeccable timing.
The information I will be providing will come from research on the web and the years of experience that I have accumulated in playing music. I have been playing records for 15 years throughout the South East. Most of my experience has been at playing at clubs and at a handful of festivals. I have even played at a few festivals in Europe. Music has always been a great influence on me and so learning to mix was second nature to me.
I believe there is a significant audience for the material I will research on. Turntables now outsell guitars in many areas of the world. This means there are many new aspiring artist that have the desire to learn the proper way of mixing records. It may not be that prevalent in South Texas but mixing can be a very lucrative career for many young artist. They even conduct paid seminars on how to learn this beautiful art form.
My schedule to complete this task should be accomplished by July 6, 2008. I will be using a laptop and my knowledge of this subject for research. My laptop will be used to define any technical terms that will be used in the instruction manual.
I would like to thank you in advance for your time in this matter. If you have any questions concerning this matter, I may be reached at (956)-454-5312 or by e-mail at onegroove72@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,



Jared Young

No comments: