Sunday, June 1, 2008

Project 1

















Hello to everyone and hope all is well with everyone. My name is Jared Young and I will be attending this Technical Writing online course this summer. This is my first time ever blogging so please bear with me.
To begin with, my educational plans are to attend classes at TSTC for the next few years so that I may acquire my associates degree in Graphic Design. I really would like to be in a career where I can use my creative side and I hope this class will help nurture that side.
I can not really say how my previous composition classes have prepared me for my goals or for this class, as a matter of fact. My last composition class that I attended was well over for 5 years ago, so a lot of time has passed since then. I really hope that to much time has not passed so that I do not struggle in this course.
In today's high-tech world, communication is a big part of the business community. Without proper communication, most companies would have major trouble succeeding in today's cut throat market. Good communication is vital in any type career that students may choose. Being a bartender for the last 10 years, I could definitely say that good communication is important. Not only to communicate with customers, but also comprehend what is being said while continuously doing other task. After years of doing this, I can definitely say that multi-tasking is second nature to me.
I signed up for this course to help me with my writing skills and to expand my vocabulary. Writing has never been my strong point in school, making me a little hesitant about this course. I hope to excel with hard work, good teaching, and great classmates.
Now for a little information about myself. I am originally from Charlotte, North Carolina. I have spent the last year or so in Hawaii working on a cruise ship circling the 5 islands. I love any activity that pertains to water. I took up skydiving a few years ago and still try and go as much as possible. I would have to say my 2 main passions are music and traveling. I have been a disc jockey for the last 10 years, so record collecting is a big hobby of mine. I have traveled pretty extensively over the last 15 years. I have been to London, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy, France, and most recently Hawaii. My next destination will hopefully be to Thailand in the next few years.
I am excited to be a part of this class and looking forward to further my education. I hope that this course elevates my writing skills, knowing that it will be needed in any career.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared! First let me say that I think your the first person that I have met that has traveled so much. I have only ever been out of Texas only once. : ) You seem to have many interests and likes, which is a cool thing. I know how you feel about having taken your last composition class about five years ago so did I. Don't worry this is my first time blogging as well, so you are not the only lost one in the group. I look forward to to working with you throughout the course and good luck. : )

Ms. Santoy said...

Jared,

Your background is very unusual. I am looking forward to seeing some of your experiences reflected in your projects.