Friday, July 11, 2008

Reflection on Instructions

With my set of instructions, I believe that anyone with a passion for music or the desire to learn to play a new instrument would be my target audience. I chose to include visuals of the equipment that will be needed in order to complete the instructions. This way the reader would know exactly what supplies and equipment will be needed in order to learn how to mix.
I believe the most important design element in my instructions would probably be the warnings. The equipment used is so valuable and can be damaged very easily. I have seen equipment ruined in every possible way imagined. At least with the warnings that I stated, the readers will be forewarned.
I believe my instructions would be used more on the web than any other medium. There are not many books that I know of that discuss the art of mixing. The web is the only way that the readers would be able to access this kind of information. The user of this test would hopefully take what they learned and use it to play in front of crowds to entertain or just use it to quench their musical thirst.
I think I would change my set of instructions very little if I had to physically present them to a user. The one thing I would do is to go over all the features of the equipment and how they properly work. This would make the set of instructions a little more easier to learn once they have that knowledge.

No comments: